To promote and foster the effectiveness of public library boards through leadership in communication, advocacy and support of trustee education.
The MLTA seeks to serve the needs of its membership. We are a provincial non-profit volunteer organization that is operated by an annually elected executive board of library trustees. Our aim is to have representation from around the province on our Board of Directors. We generally meet monthly, usually via teleconference. The MLTA Annual General Meeting is held annually, typically in November in conjunction with the Association of Manitoba Municipalities Convention in Winnipeg or Brandon. The purpose of the AGM is to approve a budget, discuss and vote on any policy, constitution changes, and elect a Board of Directors.
- To be a voice for library trustees in Manitoba.
- To foster changes in government policies for libraries in Manitoba.
- To promote a better understanding of the duties and responsibilities of Library Trustees.
- To provide opportunities for exchange of ideas and experiences amongst library trustees in Manitoba through conferences and publications.
- To develop channels of communication with other provincial, national and international library trustee associations and other partners in order to share information and ideas.